The City of Camden Civil Service Commission will conduct an open competitive examination for the
position of Police Officer at8:00 a.m.,onSaturday, June 7, 2014.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 23, 2014
and may be obtained online at www.camden.ar.gov/
or from the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 206 Van Buren Street, Camden,Arkansas 71701 or by contacting City Hall at (870) 836-6436. A study session will be held on Saturday, May31, from 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. for anyone interested in attending and who have submitted a completed application.
- Citizen of the United States
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Felony and some misdemeanor convictions are disqualifying
- Must pass a physical and psychological examination and drug screen
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass Police Officer Entrance Examination and be interviewed by the Civil Service Commission
- Must pass an extensive background investigation
- Must pass a physical agility test
- Candidates should make themselves familiar with the Department’s tattoo, piercing and body scaring policy. Copies may be obtained at the Department during normal business hours.
- Starting salary range is $29K - $30Kafter 1 year.
- Uniform allowance $700 first year, $600 annually thereafter.
- Take home vehicle benefit after 1 yr. for employees residing in Camden.
- Educational Incentive Pay up to 10% of base salary (based on college credit hours).
- Certificate Pay up to 10% of base salary.
- Three weeks paid annual vacation (accrue 15 days vacation leave annually)
- Sick leave benefits (accrue 15 days first year of employment and 20 days thereafter).
- Health and Life Insurance premiums for the employee and the majority of family coverage are paid by the City of Camden.
- Excellent retirement benefits
Chris Claybaker, Mayor
City of Camden
The City of Camden is an EOE.